4.03.2013

Wedding Inspiration: Yes, we served BBQ at our wedding...

... and loved it. So did my dad's wallet.

Being from NC, BBQ is kind of a big deal. And if prepared right, one of my favorites! (I'm a NO FAT in my BBQ, please and thank you, kind of girl).

This is my little plug for a local BBQ restaurant in Concord, NC, called R&R BBQ that serves it up the way I like it which is why I called them to do the catering for my wedding.

My husband's side of the family is either from the New England area or Ohio/PA so I thought serving BBQ might give them the southern experience they traveled hundreds of miles for. Well, I think we accomplished that goal with the white, southern plantation home as a backdrop for the ceremony, but the BBQ and Sweet Tea was the icing on the cake!


One of the best things about BBQ, other than the taste, is the ability to feed lots of people for a great price!

Another must-have at my wedding was serving North Carolina's own George's BBQ sauce with the BBQ sandwiches. R&R has their own sauce but I had to package up some George's days before the wedding in some cute ramekins.
 
My father's tearful speech led us right into the dinner portion of the evening so before he said, "let's eat"... he told everyone how I would bring back BBQ in a cooler to Arizona or Pennsylvania and have George's huge gallon size containers shipped as well. I'm a sentimental person so I'm glad I didn't think twice about serving BBQ at our wedding!

Has anyone else gone the BBQ route?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts & love here...