9.09.2010

I'm a nerd. I'm in love...

...with Microsoft Office 2010. More specifically, with OneNote.

  


My parents just bought me a new computer for my birthday. After having two Dell Laptops that went south after about 4-5 years and costing about $2,000 each... I decided that I was ready to move on to a Desktop and more importantly, a new brand. This time around I'm trying out the HP Pavilion Slimline and I made sure that they didn't sink a lot of money in it. I think it was between $500-600 at Best Buy. The monitor had previously been purchased by my parents but is like new.




Also, I wanted a desktop because sometimes I feel lazy with a laptop. Do you ever feel like that? For instance, let's say you're applying for jobs and need to write a "knock the socks off of them" cover letter. For some reason, I can't get it done on a laptop unless it's sitting on a desk and I'm sitting upright. (Totally defeating the purpose of a LAP-top, right?) Not sitting on the couch, watching tv and trying to concentrate on the screen in my lap.  I feel more motivated behind a desk and I spend less time aimlessly wondering on facebook and blogs which is typically what I do when sitting on the couch with my laptop.

Okay, I'm getting off topic.... getting back to my new found love, OneNote.  Microsoft Office 2010 did not come on the new PC but I did get an offer through work to purchase it for $9.99. Awesome, huh?

OneNote is like having a five-star notebook on the computer. I am a person who loves to collect journals, notebooks, etc. and write different ideas, thoughts, recipes, decorating ideas, etc. in them. But you know what happens to them? They become unfinished, unused and stuck on a book shelf only to be picked up when I clean.

just a few of my notebooks
OneNote is going to provide an alternative for me. For those of you have yet to discover OneNote, maybe this image will help give you an idea of how it works:


I love the colorful tabs. Currently I have General, Decorating Ideas, Recipes & Helpful Websites.
I already have a few pages under each tab. Under recipes I was able to quickly paste a picture, the recipe and the link where it came from onto one page which I can later print or share with others. The great thing is ... it won't get lost in a cookbook or notebook I rarely pick up. It will be right there on my computer to keep (or delete if the recipe is a bust).

If anyone else has OneNote, I'd love to hear about what you chose to use it for and what your tabs are labeled as! I know, so nerdy but who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts & love here...